Frequently asked questions
1. How do the module weekends work?
2. What are the requirements for mediation training?
3. What happens if I miss a module weekend?
4. What are the main focuses of mediation training at the CONSENSUS Campus?
5. What does "strategic mediation / interest management" mean?
6. Who are the CONSENSUS Campus trainers?
7. What is part of the training - in addition to the 120 hours of classroom instruction?
8. What is covered by the course fees?
The course fee covers the 120 hours of classroom instruction on the CONSENSUS CAMPUS. In addition, we offer "add-on" packages that include the mediation of the first practical case and supervision.
9. Who do I get supervision from?
10. How can the course fee be paid?
11. International Standards
As the first training institute in Germany, we are proud to be pioneers adapting international standards in our mediation training and being part of an international network connected through the International Mediation Institute. Individuals who successfully complete our training program will be recognised as IMI Qualified Mediators. The International Mediation Institute (IMI) is a non-profit initiative driving transparency and standards in mediation, worldwide. With the Vision of Professional Mediation Worldwide: Promoting Consensus and Access to Justice, the IMI sets and achieves high mediation standards, convenes stakeholders and parties, promotes understanding and adoption of mediation, and disseminates skills for parties, counsel, and mediators. IMI Standards cover a wide range of competencies, a great amount of practical exercises and feedback as well as supervision by experts from different working fields of mediation. IMI’s quality standards are established and maintained by IMI’s Independent Standards Commission (ISC), a 70+ strong body of users including highly experienced mediators, leading judges, providers, trainers and educators from 27 countries.