Leadership is conflict resolution! This is all the more true when hierarchical structures are relativized or dissolved. In project teams, when working in cross-company groups, it is increasingly important to achieve conflict resolution beyond the hierarchical enforcement of formal power. Special skills are needed to identify a conflict, understand the different perspectives on it and ultimately develop a solution. This solution is permanent if it is supported by all parties involved.
There are conflicts in the operational, in the vocational, in the entrepreneurial everyday life over and over again. Conflicts are also nothing bad, but – apart from “pathological” special developments – expressions of different interests and situations in which the participants find themselves. Conflicts are necessary to achieve progress – without critical debate, innovation and progress are inconceivable.
The skills needed to turn a conflict into an added value can be learned and practiced. Mediation as a structured procedure for the constructive settlement of conflicts is the most recognised method worldwide for resolving conflicts without the use of power and hierarchy, but through arguments, negotiations, the identification of interests and the search for a solution that is as comprehensive as possible for the different interests.
With the Certified Mediator training course, the Consensus Campus offers further training tailored to precisely these requirements. In five concentrated teaching units of three days each over a six-month period with practical exercises and use cases, you will acquire the skills you need for non-hierarchical leadership.
At the same time, you will acquire a legally recognised additional professional qualification which will provide you with the necessary qualifications for your current or continuing tasks and, of course, if you wish to work freelance in the field of mediation and conflict management.
We wish all participants of this training a lot of fun and great success for their careers!
WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT IT?
The Consensus Campus Mediation Training is one of the best practical and scientifically based training courses you can attend, because
- the experienced lecturers consistently convey content professionally, so that you can apply it immediately in your everyday life. Consensus has its own Business Line – Consensus Interventions. There, all conflict resolution interventions from daily work for companies, NGOs and interest groups are conceived, individually adapted, scientifically evaluated for their effectiveness and constantly further developed.
- You get the latest findings from scientific work and organisational psychology presented to you so that you can use them directly in your everyday work.
- With our add-on practice package, you are guaranteed to observe at least one consensus project (mediation, moderation, conceptual design, a look behind the scenes…) and be able to use this valuable experience directly in your own environment.
- You will further deepen your existing skills and also acquire important negotiation, communication and reflection skills. During your training, you will constantly develop your lateral thinking skills. Consensus works with a scientifically tested reflection technique.
- You have completed your training and are able to deal constructively with exceptional situations such as conflicts with colleagues, in a team, with employees and in your private life and to bring about successful economic solutions.
You will also be able to work as a mediator, coach or trainer in this field. For this purpose, individual future coaching offers you reflection and decision support.
- University degree and/or at least five years’ relevant professional experience
- Minimum age 26 years
- Curriculum vitae submission
- Positive admission interview
The participation fee for the training as certified mediator with focus on strategic mediation and interest management amounts to € 3.600,00. The training course is exempt from VAT.
13.09. – 15.09.2019
11.10. – 13.10.2019
08.11. – 10.11.2019
17.01. – 19.01.2020
21.02. – 23.02.2020
All training modules are self-contained. If you are unable to attend an appointment, it is possible to catch up on the missed module in the next training course or to switch between the Stuttgart and Hamburg training courses instead.
Day 1: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Day 2: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Day 3: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
A seminar room is always reserved for you onthe 1st training day from 09:30 – 13:00. So you can, if you want, do your peer group work there.
The training ends with the ceremonial presentation of the final certificates.
CONSENSUS GmbH │CONSENSUS Campus │ Neuer Wall 19 │20354 Hamburg
Contact Training Office:
Sabrina Beichter and Birgit Wirtz │ email@example.com │ 0800 333 7707