An effective form of prophylactic conflict work in the company is the training of internal company employees to become conflict controllers.
CONSENSUS has developed a programme that trains employees so that they can take on the following conflict prevention tasks:
- Conflict controllers serve their colleagues as first contact persons if they have a conflict;
- Conflict controllers can clarify small (little escalated) conflicts as “third parties” themselves;
- Conflict controllers can assess the degree of escalation of a conflict and know which measures make sense in order to pacify the conflict;
- The conflict management skills of conflict controllers experience shows that a new, open corporate culture develops;
- Conflict controllers are trained in de-escalating communication and set a good example themselves in their environment;
- Being a conflict controller is appreciated by most employees
STRUCTURE AND MODULES
Selected employees are trained as conflict controllers and learn the skills to recognize and classify conflicts and techniques to resolve conflicts;
The training takes place in small groups (max. 10 employees).
There are 4 blocks of 2 days Training each within a period of 9 – 12 months.
Participants will receive a summary of the content and a confirmation of participation at the end.
The modules are held by different trainers.
Module 1: Conflict types in the company, recognize conflicts, classify conflicts;
Module 2: Mediation and further clarification procedures, procedures and techniques;
Module 3: psychological factors of a conflict, basics of perception theory and conflict escalation;
Module 4: practicing learned techniques and reflecting own behaviour;
plus a one-on-one training to reflect on one’s own approach to conflicts and one’s own type of conflict (2 hours per participant).
06.10. + 07.10.2020
08.12. + 09.12.2020
10.02. + 11.02.2020
14.02. + 15.02.2020